Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Amanda Project: Invisible I


Review:

Amanda Valentino is a freak. Everyone in the ninth grade knows it and her clothes, wigs, temporary tattoos, and even her school grades prove it. Amanda is the new girl at Endeavor High, who just happened to arrive on Halloween. No one wants to be seen with her, especially Callie, one of the popular I-girls. She doesn’t want to admit that she has a friendship with Amanda but when Amanda disappears and leaves clues behind for her, that’s a hard thing to keep secret. When Callie finds out two other students are (or was) friends with Amanda, they have to put their differences aside and help save her … But who exactly is Amanda Valentino?

Each page of The Amanda Project: Invisible I was mysterious, yet in a way I was satisfied with the knowledge I had acquired by the end of the book. Though never having a complete ending (being the first installment of a six-book series) and none of the big secrets revealed, I was still enthralled when yet another secret of unknown origins was added to the mix. I never really felt close to any of the characters but instead I thought I was invading their privacy. The main character, Amanda, doesn’t seem like she would be a friend of mine. The storyline was, not considering the unfortunate circumstance of disappearance, fun. It was filled with back-and-forth emotions but while still keeping the essence of the story. This was just a great book. Bravo!



The Amanda Project (bk 1): Invisible I by Melissa Kantor
pages: 338, release date: September 22nd ‘09, publisher: HarperTeen
Rating: based on the book’s exciting premise, great writing, and fun story altogether
Contains: a hit-and-run accident that gave me shivers

STARS: 5 out of 5

There’s more to the story …. Check out TheAmandaProject.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey GwtB! Nice to have you back again. I was really starting to miss your reviews ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! Well now you don't have to miss out. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.