Sunday, July 5, 2009

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is where I share with you the books I've gotten in the mail or the library. Maybe you'll find a book you want to read along the way!*

(idea by TheStorySiren)


Chasing Boys by Karen Tayleur

An insightful coming-of-age novel for girls with no interest in being “Pretty in Pink”.

El Marini just isn’t fitting into the new life she’s been forced to create without her dad. Her mom and sister have accepted his absence and moved on, but El is convinced things will get back to normal if she just keeps her feelings of loss to herself and waits it out.

Life at her new public school would have been unbearable if weren’t for Eric Callahan. As her crush grows to epic proportions, she’ll do anything to be more like the popular girls he notices, even buying the first pink top she’s ever owned. But then she meets Dylan, a quiet artistic-type who is both unnerving and annoying as he shines a light on El’s misguided attempts to attract Eric. El’s need for acceptance will hit home with teens as she finally sees that chasing boys has distracted her from making peace with the past and finding herself.

(This cover is super cute and I can't wait to read it! I really want to prove that it will 'hit home with teens' and flipping through the pages, I really like I'm going like this one! *received from the publishing company)

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

From the author of Saving Juliet comes a romantic comedy that is good to the last drop. When Katrina spots a homeless guy sleeping in the alley behind her grandmother’s coffee shop, she decides to leave him a cup of coffee, a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans, and some pastries to tide him over. Little does she know that this random act of kindness is about to turn her life upside down. Because this adorable vagrant, Malcolm, is really a guardian angel on a break between missions. And he won’t leave until he can reward Katrina’s selflessness by fulfilling her deepest desire. Now if only she could decide what that might be.

(Saving Juliet sounded like a cute book so when the publishing company offered me to review this book, I gladly accepted! This author, I'm thinking, might be a keeper. *received an ARC from the publishing company)


In What If. . . You Broke All the Rules (by Liz Ruckdeschel), Haley will turn 16 on Valentine's Day. But there won't be any big parties or celebrations to mark the occasion—her parents are so distracted by their own lives that they forget her birthday. Haley's dad is absorbed in finishing his documentary, and Haley's mom is spending waaaay too much time with a former coworker from San Francisco. With Perry and Joan preoccupied, Haley will suddenly find herself in a world without rules. Will Haley turn into a wild child or do the responsible thing? And how will Haley choose to spend her spring break—with a trip to Paris with Sasha, to Sebastian's hometown of Seville, making a movie in New Jersey with Irene, or in the Hamptons with Coco, Whitney, and their crew? It's up to you to choose Haley's destiny!

(I've read two previous What If? books and completely enjoyed them. I hope this one doesn't let me down! *traded on PaperbackSwap)






Across the Pond by Storyheart

This doesn't have an official synopsis on the Barnes and Noble website but all the customers have rated it 5 stars. So that's a plus! :) *received from the author to review








I feel a little bad that I haven't read much lately and haven't written many reviews (I'm aiming for at least one a week.) and my to-read stack of books keeps ... on ... bringing ... in ... more. But I'm not complaining! I like books! I just need to find the time to read all of them. :)

That concludes what I've gotten in my mailbox this week! If you've read any of the books above, please leave a link to your review in the comments. I'd love to see what you thought of them! In return, I will definitely leave a comment on the review.

7 comments:

  1. Great books you've gotten! I haven't heard of most of these, but they sound great. I'm really looking forward to reading Coffeehouse Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like What If series it sounds so great. You got some fabulous books this week hey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books you got this week. Coffeehouse Angel looks really good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm... ehh none really seem my type this week, but I'm curious to see what YOU think of them :)

    haha, I haven't been reviewing much either :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. great book week! coffeehouse angel is super cute! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffeehouse Angel looks really cute. And I liked Selfors's first book, Saving Juliet.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.