Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

SKNNReview
(sorta, kinda, not really)

I couldn't finish this book. It was gory and gruesome. Horrid pictures and scenes came into my head with every sentence. The writing was too realistic, which I couldn't handle. My mother was the one who convinced me to stop reading it. She said, "If it will give you nightmares, don't read it. You don't want a book that does that to you, do you?" No, I don't. That why at page 30, I set it down.

Truth be told, I may read it someday when I'm not as easily frightened. But for now, it will sit on the shelf, mocking me for my cowardice.

If you think you can handle Carrie Ryan's Forest of Hands and Teeth, find out more about it by clicking the cover.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. I was thinking about maybe reading it, but I'm not so sure now. I get scared really easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it GwtB. It is a fairly scary book, but the writing and imagery is really awesome. I would definitely recommend trying it again when you get older/more mature because it is a really enjoyable read once you move past all the creepiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks. I thought this book looked pretty good myself, but I'll take your word for it. I'm easily freaked out by stuff like that, excluding graphic war violence. Haha

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.