Saturday, June 13, 2009

Prophecy of the Sisters

Prophecy of the Sisters
By Michelle Zink
5 out of 5 stars

AGES 13+

Lia Milthorpe’s birth had to be a mistake. Her mother had complications so Lia was born first instead of her twin sister, Alice. If only Lia hadn’t been the eldest, she wouldn’t have the strange mark on her wrist that appeared after her sixteenth birthday, or have a circle around her bed for protection, and she certainly wouldn’t have her younger sister fighting to let the Souls into our world. Finding a strange book in her dead father’s library starts the battle of Good and Evil … and the battle against each other. Maybe Lia was born first for a reason. Filled with chance, romance, and the fight to keep loved ones safe, this book dominates.

Prophecy of the Sisters
is songlike, compelling, and enchanting with each step further into the book. It was just a tad bit unrealistic which is the perfect amount for a captivating and greatly intelligent story.

Each chapter gets more intense and each character is continuously revealing more of their true selves within the pages. The book started out with the best possible scene, where all the emotions begin to change. I appreciate that the author did such a thing. The first words of a story are a big part of how I judge the book altogether. I’m confident enough to say that it didn’t let me down.

Author Michelle Zink twists the words used in daily language and makes it her own. It shows the world she is explaining and the lives she is telling about. I’ve used the phrase ‘the best writing’ in only one of my other reviews but now I take it back. I must say: this is the best writing I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading (and I’m not exaggerating).

Contains:

*intense and scary moments that wouldn’t be handled well with kids under 13
*fictional evil spirits and talk of Satan (portrayed as bad)




8 comments:

  1. It's not exactly in a poem form but it reads like poetry, very smooth and beautiful sounding. It's also very lyrical but I couldn't use that word because it was on the back of the book. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't thank you enough for the thoughtful, articulate review.

    This one really made my day, ESPECIALLY because you are a teenager. I write for you, and the fact that my story moved you means the world to me.

    I will DEFINITELY link to this in the coming week!
    :D

    Michelle Zink

    PS. Keep reading. And writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful--though I have to say, the cover alone would make me interested...how gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AGREE completely! I loved this so much, and have a review coming up :)
    (5 stars... obviously)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this one yet. Anyway, I like that you added helpful tips about the contents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's an award for you on my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank YOU for introducing me to this one, it really does seem intriguing! Must add it to my list of exciting summer releases!!

    ps: Amazon tells me the book doesn't come out until August - did you get a proof of it? Jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.