Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is where I share with you a book that I am looking forward to reading when it is released.

(idea by Jill from Breaking the Spine)*


Grimpow: The Invisible Road

Who: by Rafael Abalos
Where: RandomHouse Children's Books
How: read 512 pages
When: August 11, 2009

Why (synopis):
Grimpow had no idea who the dead man was, but hidden in his leather bag was a treasure that would change his life forever. Clutched in the man’s firm grip was a stone. A stone that will shape Grimpow’s destiny. For when he holds it in his hand odd things begin to happen. Visions of places he’s never been fill his mind and he’s able to read the strange language in a message meant for someone else.

So begins his journey with the stone. A centuries-long journey that has driven sane men crazy, turned peaceful men to violence, and made strong men powerless. No man has ever unlocked its secrets. But no boy has ever tried.

What (thoughts): I have never heard of this book before but I'm glad I saw it on Barnes and Noble's website! It says that this is the first young adult book by this author and this book is going to be published in 27 different countries. It's all set! I have to read it!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I've heard of this before... hm.

    Looks good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this sounds really fascinating. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The version that is coming out, EmilyRuth, is paperback. So it's already been published before. That's probably why you have heard of it already! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.