Friday, April 17, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw



My favorite series and books of all time!



Dairy of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
By Jeff Kinney
5 out of 5 stars

ALL AGES



Greg Heffley isn’t self-centered. Really. He just likes thinking of himself in a positive way, though it seems he always gets the bad end of the deal. Middle school is challenging enough. Adding a hippy-skippy mother, a baby of a brother, and reasonably attractive girls just makes the stress lever higher. Greg is trying his hardest to concentrate on the important things, like making his father happy and proud. But being the way he is, Greg is easily distracted, especially by wanting to blow dandelions, playing last minute jokes, and finding who the snack thief is. Told through his own journal and own drawings, Greg shares what it is like to be a wimpy kid.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw is too much like real life to not have laugh-out-loud moments. Not only was I giggling at every page, I was full-out belly laughing at Greg’s decisions and situations, which made my stomach feel a little weak but my eyes wanting to read more. This book is so realistic in every way: not wanting to get up for the remote because you’re in a comfortable position, resisting the urge to blow dandelions (which Greg isn’t too good at). It all made so much sense! I shared most every part to my parents and siblings and hearing my mother’s laugh, you would know for sure that this book is worth checking out at your library. : )






*Contains nothing inappropriate at all.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished this book too. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute review. I've been wanting to read these for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.