Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is where I share with you a book that I am looking forward to reading when it is released.

(idea by Jill from Breaking the Spine)

A Match Made in High School
by Kristin Walker
(publication date May 2009)

When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can’t get any worse. Then she marries her “husband”: jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona’s long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very mysterious Johnny Mercer.

Pranks, fights, misunderstandings, and reconciliations ensue in an almost Shakespearean comedy of errors about mistaken first impressions, convoluted coupling, and hidden crushes.

(This book sounds totally original! Hilarious, too. I can't wait to read it.)

4 comments:

  1. wow, that is original! I was expecting something totally different than that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my wish list for when it comes out..it sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an interesting idea for a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I love how the cover is so bright and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.