Monday, March 30, 2009

Sorta, Kinda, Not Really Review

The Breakup Bible
by Melissa Kantor

Synopsis
(borrowed from Barnes and Noble's website):

Jen Lewis is having a great junior year. She is the features editor of the school paper, and she's dating Max Brown, the paper's editor-in-chief. Everything is perfect-that is, until Max says, "Maybe it would be better if we were just friends." In shock and total denial, Jen wonders how she is going to deal with the pain of seeing Max in school every day. Her misery only intensifies when her grandmother gives her a book that she heard about on the radio. Dr. Emerson's The Breakup Bible claims that "there's no reason a woman can't get over a breakup very quickly if she'll just follow a few basic commandments." Jen is doubtful. What does Dr. Emerson know about her and Max?

SKNRReview:

I was really looking forward to reading this book, especially since one of Melissa Kantor's other books is one of my favorites. I could not enjoy this one, though, and it made me kind of sad.

The main character was a little too emotional from a breakup with a guy that didn't even seem that great and there was a lot of unneeded things brought up. I set the book down after reading the 22 page. It was really disappointing. :(

Just because this book wasn't the greatest, don't be fooled. The author is still a great writer and look for her book, If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?, at your local library. It's a great read!

Contains:

*homosexuality


1 comment:

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.