Sunday, March 8, 2009

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is where I share with you the books I've gotten in the mail or the library. Maybe you'll find a book you want to read along the way! *

(idea by TheStorySiren)

Sleepaway Girls
by Jen Calonita

When Sam's best friend gets her first boyfriend, she's not ready to spend the summer listening to the two of them call each other "pookie." Sick of being a third wheel, Sam applies to be a counselor-in-training at Whispering Pines camp in the New York Catskills. But what she doesn't realize is that it's not going to be all Kumbaya sing-alongs and gooey s'mores. If Ashley, the alpha queen of Whispering Pines, doesn't ruin Sam's summer, then her raging crush on the surfer-blond and flirtatious Hunter just might. At least she has playful Cole, who's always teasing her, but is oh-so-comfortable to hang out with, and the singular gang of girls that become fast friends with Sam-they call themselves the Sleepaway Girls.

(I first heard about this on a Waiting on Wednesday post -here- written by TheBookworm of Au Courant and I wanted to read it then and there. I received this book by a new reviewing program I am in, HipScouts.)


*summary taken from Barnes and Noble's website

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book, it sounds cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I am dying to read this! I love Jen Calonita and this one sounds particularly amazing! Lucky, lucky LUCKY you! *jealousy* (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love the cover of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! I really want to read this book. :) It sounds really good and the cover is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.