Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bookshelf Meme

Tell me about the book that has been on your shelf the longest:

I couldn't find a picture for this but the first book that was put on my shelf was The Holy Bible (New International Version). I was given it in the third grade by my Lutheran church which happens to be when got my first bookshelf.

Tell me about a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (person, place, time, etc...)








When I first picked up The Two Princesses of Bamarre, I immediately recognized their personalities. One of the princesses (blond one) reminded me of my older sister and I couldn't help see myself in Addy (brunette one). This book is also one of my favorites. :)







Tell me about a book you acquired in some interesting way (gift, serendipity in a used book store, prize, etc.):







When our church got the new hymnals (these dark red ones), they were giving away the old ones. So I brought one home!











Tell me about the most recent addition to your shelves:







I have a rule: I only add books to my shelf when I am done reading them. So the most current one added was: Top 8 by Katie Finn.

It's been a slow reading week but I hope to finish 13 Little Blue Envelopes before I put up my In My Mailbox post tomorrow.







Tell me about a book that has been with you the most places:







Diary of a Wimpy Kid even went with me to my Grandma's house several times. I read this to my younger brother and he is also in love with it now. And he hates reading! So that's a big step up.










Tell me about a book that doesn't fit any of the above questions:







I also read this one to my brother and we got a kick out of it. There are a limited number of good younger boy books that have a rough edge while still being funny (we've learned from experience) and this is one of them! I love this book but most of Author Sid Fleischman's other works are creepy and ... creepy.









1. Tag 3-5 people, so the fun keeps going!

2. Leave a comment at the original post at A Striped Armchair, so that Eva can collect everyone’s answers.

3. If you leave a comment and link back to Eva as the meme’s creator, she will enter you in a book giveaway contest! She has a whole shelf devoted to giveaway books that you’ll be able to choose from, or a BookMooch point if you prefer.

4. Remember that this is all about enjoying books as physical objects, so feel free to describe the exact book you’re talking about, down to that warping from being dropped in the bath water...

5. Make the meme more fun with visuals! Covers of the specific edition you’re talking about, photos of your bookshelves, etc.



I am tagging:

the brilliant TheBookworm from Au Courant
the fabulous Harmony from Harmony Book Reviews
the awesome Lauren from Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the two princesses of bamarre! I read it a long time ago, but I still remember it was amazing!
    that's so neat! XD

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.