Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

The Adoration of Jenna Fox
By Mary E. Pearson
4 out of 5 stars

Many years into the future, biotechnology is illegal and if it stays that way, Jenna won’t know what to do. One day Jenna Fox wakes up and doesn’t know who she is. Someone says she is her mother, someone says he is her father. All Jenna has to look at is old home movies. Slowly, Jenna starts to figure out about her past and knows that she can’t get it back; she can’t fix her mistakes. She wants to begin anew and be a different Jenna but … she can’t. Is someone holding her back? The voices in her head say Hurry. Hurry, Jenna. Why does she have to hurry?

The Adoration of Jenna Fox was … different. It was very emotional and I almost cried at times, but it was odd. The ideas that are brought up in the book are totally unique and everything connects with one another: the settings, the characters, and the emotions are all part of the story. Author Mary E. Pearson transported me to a different century entirely, one that doesn’t even exist yet. Many feelings are repeated within the book, which I think was definitely needed to get the point across. All together, this book was unique, interesting, odd, and wacky but I still don’t know if I like it. One thing is for sure, though. You won’t forget it.

2 comments:

  1. I want to read this book SO bad! Its on my waiting list at the library, seeing as I don't have any money.

    I'm more convinced I'll read it because of your review.. I like wacky books :)

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.