Saturday, February 28, 2009

Recommended Reading

Recommended Reading are books that I randomly post that I highly recommend. If you are ever bored and need an idea of something to read, just type in 'Recommended Reading' in the search box and all of my random posts will show up. *

Recommended Reading for Boys and Girls Over Eleven #1

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Given his lifetime assignment at the Ceremony of Twelve, Jonas becomes the receiver of memories shared by only one other in his community and discovers the terrible truth about the society in which he lives.

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

Kira, an orphan with a twisted leg, lives in a world where the weak are cast aside. When she is given a task that no other community member can carry out, Kira soon realizes that she is surrounded by many mysteries and secrets. No one must know of her plans to uncover the truth about her world—and to find out what exists beyond it.

Messenger by Lois Lowry

See my review here.

All of these books go together and form one story in the last one but I would suggest reading them in the order they are listed above. :)

*summaries from Barnes and Noble's website

4 comments:

  1. I've only read The Giver, which I found ok but a little unsatisfying. Maybe I'll try the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Giver was just OK, we had to read it in school and 7th grade and I didn't really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? I read it when I was eleven and it really moved me. The ending was kind of a hanger but in Messenger you find out Jonah lives and- Well, I don't want to spoil it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gathering Blue is one of my top favorite books of ALL time. In fact I've been meaning to check it out from the library again and read it.

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.