Sunday, February 1, 2009

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is where I share with you the books I've gotten in the mail or the library. Maybe you'll find a book you want to read along the way!

(idea by TheStorySiren)


Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies
by Erin Dionne
Publication date: Febraury 2009

Thirteen-year-old Celeste Harris is no string bean, but comfy sweatpants and a daily chocolate cookie suit her just fine. Her under-the-radar lifestyle could have continued too, if her aunt hadn't entered her in the HuskyPeach Modeling Challenge. To get out of it, she's forced to launch Operation Skinny Celeste-because, after all, a thin girl can't be a fat model! What Celeste never imagined was that losing weight would help her gain a backbone . . . or that all she needed to shine was a spotlight.

A hilarious debut featuring friendship, family, mean girls and even celebrity crushes, Celeste's story is a delicious treat that doesn't add a pound.

(This book sounds so cute and a lot of people have been talking about it, so I decided to get it.) *I got this book from BookDivas.





Shadowed Summer
by Saundra Mitchell
Publication date: February 2009


Iris is ready for another hot, routine summer in her small Louisiana town, hanging around the Red Stripe grocery with her best friend, Collette, and traipsing through the cemetery telling each other spooky stories and pretending to cast spells. Except this summer, Iris doesn’t have to make up a story. This summer, one falls right in her lap.

Years ago, before Iris was born, a local boy named Elijah Landry disappeared. All that remained of him were whispers and hushed gossip in the church pews. Until this summer. A ghost begins to haunt Iris, and she’s certain it’s the ghost of Elijah. What really happened to him? And why, of all people, has he chosen Iris to come back to?

(I heard about this book on AuthorsNow and I was very intrigued. There was also something that I found very interesting. The author likes ghost hunting! In my opinion, that is really cool!) *I got this book from the author.

5 comments:

  1. Not many books but both are great ones hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! :) I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO JEALOUS!! Those both look like fabulous reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I have an ARC of MODELS on my shelf. It looks cute, hope I can start it soon! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! WOW! You had a great week. Shadowed Summer sounds amazing and I cannot wait to read it

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.