Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter

Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter
by R.J. Anderson
5 out of 5 stars


The faeries of the Oak went through a terrible event called the Sundering but a hundred years later, none of the faeries know what it had been about. With the Oak’s population dwindling, Knife is appointed the Queen’s Hunter. Maybe she could find out what has caused the Silence that has been taking some many of the faeries’ lives and cure it. When she takes a mayor interest in humans, Knife visits the House and becomes friends with the teenager, Paul. No one knew of Knife and Paul’s friendship, but when Queen finds out, Knife has to make a difficult decision. But how could Knife hurt a human … she’s in love with?

Brilliantly written and marvelous with a mix of fantasy and reality, Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter rocks my socks! I dare say I enjoyed this more than any of the Harry Potter books. Author R.J. Anderson unfolds a world of magical creatures that are forbidden to have contact with humans. The dilemmas seemed real even though the main theory was bizarre. The unique characters caught my attention and kept it throughout the book. I loved it! Reading how Knife and Paul’s worlds intertwine was interesting and most of all, amazing. This book left me lying in bed with a smile on my face. : )

*book copy provided by HarperCollinsChildren's First Look

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks cute. I'll have to be on the lookout for it for my niece.

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.