Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm special.

There I was, laying on my bed looking at my bookcase on the far wall. It is dinky and I have no room left for new books, so I have stacks of ARCs, library books, and new books sitting everywhere in my bedroom.

I thought. I can't read a book with small print (believe me, that's one of the dull reasons why I can't read classics). I need the right light to read, or less my eyes start to hurt. Sometimes at night, I can't read because I start getting dizzy when I open the book.

We had my eyes checked. Nothing was wrong. So what is it? Is it only me? Do you need special conditions when you sit down to read a book?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...well, I have trouble reading classics for the same reason too. I don't have trouble reading the small print, it's just that I don't like it. Sometimes if the light is too bright or dull for me, I have trouble reading. If the light is wrong, my eyes don't hurt, but they go kind of blurry and out of focus, and my eyes can't blink very well. I think that most people need some sort of special conditions when they read books. Don't worry, you're not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. usually light helps... buuut you might want to get your eyes checked :\
    Hope it gets better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.