Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Dog Days of Charlotte Hayes

The Dog Days of Charlotte Hayes
By Marlane Kennedy
5 out of 5 stars


Beauregard is a big, drooling, slobbery mess of a Saint Bernard and Charlotte is sick of taking care of him. But she knows she has to, because no one else will. Her father brought him home a few months ago but no one will look after him. Charlotte dreams that Beauregard will go to a good family, one that lets him come inside the house and that will love him. Plans fail and Charlotte is about to give up. Then she heard about the Saint Bernard Rescue Foundation. The problem is, her father doesn’t agree with what Charlotte has planned out. Then again, what if Charlotte doesn’t either?


The Dog Days of Charlotte Hayes was exactly what I was hoping for. It was simply cute. The storyline was steady and the plot grew deeper with each chapter. I became entranced with Charlotte’s life. It was fun to read and I enjoyed every bit of it. The word choice was simple but it easily explained everything. The friendships formed helped each character grow in their own way, especially Charlotte. The synopsis on the back cover summarizes the story perfectly. I can’t put it better myself.

*book copy provided by HarperCollin's Children's First Look



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I reviewed the same book for HarperCollins! It was really good.

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.