Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Bomb That Followed Me Home

The Bomb That Followed Me Home
by Cevin Soling
3 out of 5 stars

A little boy was walking home when he found a bomb stalking him. It was just the “cutest bomb” he’d ever seen. He asked his mother if he could keep it but she didn’t give in. “Why, some crazed anarchist is probably worried sick wondering where is bomb is!” When his father came home, he asked him the same thing. Of course, it was the same answer. What are the going to do with the bomb? They asked the Department of Defense, the National Guard, and the Weathermen, but no one wanted it. Then they remembered the mean neighbors next door. Would they like the bomb? KABOOM!

The Bomb That Followed Me Home was totally twisted. It was a mockery of a children’s book and my dad got a kick out of it. I didn’t think it was that funny but I have learned some new words even though I don’t think I’ll ever use them.

This book was sick and disturbing, especially the ending. I was completely unaware that books like this were out there. I read about the first book and almost threw up. It sounded disgusting! But, then again, kind of funny. My little brother said, “I want to read it!”

This story was weird and I don’t think I’ll ever read it again. The book sits on my shelf collecting dust.

*reviewed for the publisher



3 comments:

  1. Ugh...it doesn't sound like a fun book to read. Good for you to get through the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was in the form of a children's book, so it wasn't that long, but it was something that I didn't really want to finish. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a weird book. I'm glad I didn't pick it up. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.