Friday, January 9, 2009

The Blind Faith Hotel


The Blind Faith Hotel
by Pamela Todd
5 out of 5 stars

All of her life, Zoe has never had a real home. One year after the other, her family packs up their things and moves on. Her father had always been her role model by being a fisherman. He knew and explained things differently then others did, but when the family is separated by divorce, Zoe starts doubting everyone. Zoe, her older sister, younger brother, and mother move away once again, to a run down house they plan to fix up to become a bed-n-breakfast. While there, Zoe goes through puberty and becomes self-conscious of her body. She tries to live up to her age and as a result, gets in trouble by the police. As punishment, she has to work at a nature preserve. While she is there, she falls in love with a boy working by her side. Throughout her new life and surroundings, Zoe becomes aware that she has a real home… with her family.

The Blind Faith Hotel was anything but normal. It had a meaning. It was wild, exotic, and explained life and home differently than other books. Everything was laid out clearly among the pages. I don’t know any other book that had such a vivid description as to what family really is. I am very impressed. Yes, it was more than I bargained for, but I certainly needed it. This book will rub off on anyone who reads it, I am certain, for it did for me. It made me want to get my Bible out from my dresser drawer and start reading once more. I sound quite dramatic at the moment, but you will surely understand once you get a copy of the book in your own hands. Girls who are in their teenage years will appreciate everything that Author Pamela Todd has to offer through this one-of-a-kind read.

*book copy provided by BookDivas

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog off of the book blog ning. I must say, I am very impressed. I teach high school English in the state of Maine and I am so excited to show my students your blog. I am hoping your hard work and enthusiasm for reading will rub off on some of my students. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I can't tell you how happy I am to read your comment. I hope you have a fun time with your book blog and that your students have a fun time reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.