Monday, December 29, 2008

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is where I share with you the books I've gotten in the mail, the library, et cetera. Maybe you'll find a book you want to read along the way!

(idea by TheStorySiren)



Waiting For Normal, by Leslie Connor
published by HarperCollin's Children's in 2008

Addie is waiting for normal.
But Addie's mom has an all-or-nothing approach to life: a food fiesta or an empty pantry, jubilation or gloom, her way or no way.
All or nothing never adds up to normal.
All or nothing can't bring you all to home, which is exactly where Addie longs to be, with her half sisters, every day.
In spite of life's twists and turns, Addie remains optimistic. Someday, maybe, she'll find normal.
Leslie Connor has created an inspiring novel about one girl's giant spirit. waiting for normal is a heartwarming gem.

(borrowed from the local library)



New Moon, by Stephenie Meyer

published by Little, Brown and Company in 2006

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning. . . .


(got for Christmas from my loving sister)



Ratha's Creature, by Clare Bell
(originally published in 1983)
published by Firebird Fantasy in 2007

Ratha and her clan are the Named, a band of intelligent wild cats whose society is based on herding deer. the Named have laws, language, traditions, and leaders. they also have enemies. the predatory raiders of the unNamed are driving them close to the edge of survival. then ratha, a mere yearling, discovers what she calls the "red tongue"-Fire. Her new weapon gives the Named a new defense, but it also rouses the ire of Meoran, the tyrannical clan leader. soon ratha finds herself in exile among the un- Named, but determined to survive.

(received in the mail by BookDivas at CollectiveX)



If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?, by Melissa Kantor
published by Hyperion in 2005

When high school sophomore Lucy Norton's father remarries, Lucy's life is turned upside down. She and her father move from their West Coast home to a suburb on Long Island. With a small bedroom in the unfinished basement, unlimited shores, a blank social calender, and a huge crush on the dashing prince of the varsity basketball team, Lucy's life has the markings of a Cinderella story- completer with the two bratty stepsisters and the wicked stepmother. So isn't she supposed to get the prince? And go to the senior prom?

I have to share the back cover, also:

Connor Pearson knows who I am, I found myself thinking. He knows my name. Of course, my name was just about the only thing he did know about me, but it was something.

After all, what did Prince Charming know about Cinderella besides her shoe size?

(bought at Barnes and Noble)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I like the back cover summary of "If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?" Heh...shoe size...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince? sounds cute and I love the cover. Another book to my to-read-list!

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.