Friday, December 12, 2008

Diamond of Darkhold (Book of Ember #4)

Diamond of Darkhold (Book of Ember #4)
by Jeanne DuPrau
5 out of 5 stars

Lina Mayfleet, Doon Harrow, and the other Emberites that escaped their dying city only months ago, are still living in Sparks, but in harmony with the villagers. One day, a roamer came to town with some unusual things, including a eight-page book. Trading for it with a match, Lina and Doon buy it, in hope that they can read and understand it. They discover that it is yet another set of guidelines for the people of Ember, which states about a special “jewel” and “diamond”. Lina and Doon decide to go back to Ember to find what the book describes. When they arrive to their dead city, they discover one thing more: someone is living there.

This book was even more delightful than the previous two in the Book of Ember series. It was full of action and emotion, which kept my fingers crossed for the characters. Whenever something new came out of the blue, my nose was practically glued to the book. I am still amazed that this was one of Jeanne DuPrau’s first works as an author. The ending wrapped everything up perfectly: what happened to the characters, how they changed the future… but the last two pages baffled me. It did not go along with the story and completely threw me off course, but I still highly recommend the book to everyone. 5 stars!


*book copy provided by BookDivas

10 comments:

  1. Great Review! I love your blog Layout! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I can't wait to write more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girlwiththebraids, you have a blog!
    yay! thats really exciting :) I love the layout too.
    I've been meaning to read this book... I've read the first too, but its been a while. have you seen the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww you have a link to me on the side :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome :)

    No, I haven't seen the movie, but I am DYING to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this one yet...I'll probably check it out from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read tht book! I thought it was the best out of all the other books. I love the layout too! Girlwiththebraids, I was wondering if you got that book back from me yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry I always make mistakes when I am trying to type fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's okay :)

    Yeah, I got the book back. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I always like reading comments! So go ahead. It's easy as one, two, three.